BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
The Firm has represented clients in business and commercial litigation ranging from simple two party actions to complex international business transactions involving large foreign and multinational corporations. We have vast experience, expertise, and sensitivity in representing entities that face risks or rewards ranging from monetary damages, to protection or loss of proprietary or confidential business information and trade secrets, to the survivability of the company. In our business and commercial litigation, we have represented plaintiffs and defendants in State and Federal courts at the trial and appellate levels.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS HANDLED BY THE FIRM INCLUDE:
- Breach of contract, fraud claims arising out of complex investment scheme for power generation facilities
- Professional liability claims for insurance broker on major construction project
- Breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty litigation for major international corporation arising from planned mid-Pacific luxury resort
- Breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair competition, trade secret litigation arising from disputed restrictive anti-competition agreement
- Lender liability claim arising from collapse of multi-structure townhome, condominium complex project
- Breach of fiduciary duty, errors and omissions claims against directors and officers for failure of multi-million dollar business operation
- Breach of fiduciary duty, errors and omissions claims against directors and officers for failure of financial institutions
- Fraud and foreclosure claims arising out of fraudulent loan scheme orchestrated by development and construction company
- Breach of contract, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims between nationwide marketing firms
- Fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract claims arising out of failed real estate transactions
Our clients have included sole proprietorships and small property owners to major foreign corporations on large, international, multi-party contract actions. Regardless of the size of the company, our clients have direct contact with the handling attorney and direct input into strategic considerations and decisions affecting the litigation. The Firm works closely with its clients to ensure they are kept fully informed of the progress of the litigation and involved in important decisions as the matter moves forward. Unlike many larger firms, the attorney handling discovery of the client’s dispute will, in most cases, be the trial attorney.
While we recommend early exploration of cost effective and mutually acceptable resolution of business and commercial disputes, it is not always possible to achieve. Where trial may be required to achieve the client’s goals, our experienced litigators can efficiently handle even the most complex cases involving unique businesses, technical matters, novel issues, thousands of pages of documents and hundreds of witnesses.